Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The End of a Season

Well, this last Sunday we came to the end of a hunting season for me. Bear season is now officially closed. This was a season of many a logged mile, and i enjoyed every footstep. In total I'm not sure how many trips i did, but it was a heck of a lot more than last year. In total i think we saw 5 or 6 bears for the season, with me missing the only shot taken for the season.


So as i awoke this morning thinking of the places i've been this year i thought i'd share a few of my favorite pictures with everyone once again. (you can click on the picture to make it bigger)




A picture of early in the season......"The Secret Bowl"

Another early season shot......."Lupin on the divide"


End of September.........."Early snow in the high country"





This last Sunday, the last day........"C-man.......a.k.a. HardCore"



Last day, in deep snow..........."Snowshoes for the end"
The last day found us in deep snow, and lower down than we normally hunt, so we strapped on the snow shoes and went for a hike. What a fun way to end the season. Although, i found myself thinking................
WHAT?....WHAT??????? I've got to wait another year to do this again! I think my face says it all
"WHAT?"



So, From the North,
Where one season ends and another begins.....Things are both lost and found on the mountians......and, we look forward to next year too.....which is nice!
Mark....."The Iron Skillet"







2 comments:

  1. now mark you don't have to wait until next year
    you can strap on those shoes and go up and pretend to hunt
    trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your stories from the north, makes me want to visit more and more! It is deer season here now and we have seen many strapped up ready for butcher. It provides a good meat for stew for the winter (budget friendly) and gets them off the roadway! No bears in our parts...

    ReplyDelete