Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey day 09'

Well, yesterday being thanksgiving, found me watching Kai, while being thankfull he was feeling better than the day before. He'd had a super high fever the day before and a modest one most of Thanksgiving. Soooo ....it was decided that he could hang with dad while the rest of the family headed out to the Benders (Nicole's sister) house for the elusive DOUBLE turkey dinner. There were promises of food brought back, so that was good enough for me.
Kai followed me around as i cleaned a little house and did some more dishes. At some point i must have gone to the bathroom and come back out.......it took a couple minutes for me to realize the little guy wasn't right beside me. So i called for him and he answered.......inheredaddainheredadda.....translation...."in Here".....So i peared into the bathroom and here he was. Practicing his "Peee". I laughed so hard i had tears, and was pleased a boy and his Dad were able to share such a special moment!

He just has to figure out how to get that darn diaper off, and he'll be pee'en like the big boys!

Well, with all that being said, i had to have some time with Isa, so she helped me bake a blueberry pie. I'd told here during our blueberry picking outings that she'd get to help me bake a pie.....And she did. So here is the outcome. A pie from pickings to pan. Have to say it was a little runny, but darn tasty!
So from the North...Where men bake, cook, and clean......Little girls bake pies.....and little boys know what to do too.....which is nice.
Mark...."The Iron Skillet"



1 comment:

  1. kai should be using that toilet in know time

    look out emeril here comes isa

    ReplyDelete