Friday, June 19, 2009

Down To A Science

So the last two mornings I've awoke at the early hour of 3 a.m., to continue trying my had at catching some more of those tasty little Kokanee out at Lake Samish. You may be wondering...why would i get up that early? Well, even I'll admit that's pretty early, but I have to be back home by 6:45 so that Nicole can head off to work, and i can watch the kids.

My goal is to acquire a limit (5 fish) before i need to be home. This is easier said than done. So here is a little break down of how things have to work.

It doesn't get light until 4:30.
I need to stop fishing by 5:45. Giving me enough time to get back to the boat launch, load the boat on the trailer, and heading for home by 6:00.
It takes 30 min. to drive home from the boat launch.
It takes 10 min. to stop and get Nicole a mocha on the way home.
So that leaves 5 minutes to spare!


So since I've made a job out of this entire ordeal......

Here is a picture of my office for the last two mornings, things are working just as they should.



So after all that, you might ask if i achieved my goal?
well, yes, both mornings in fact.
Pretty good fishing in my book!

Gotta have pictures to prove it, right?

This mornings final product before it hit the freezer.

Mission complete.......We've got quite the stack of these in the freezer right now. I think a little canning, and some smoked fish are in the near future.

So hopefully the rest of the day will go as well as the start did.
The kids and i are to pick up some lunch and visit with Mom on her last day of school. Should be fun, I'm sure she'll enjoy our company on her last day.


Signing off....From the North......Where fishermen are hard core....and trout are cooked in an IRON SKILLET!


Mark ...."THE IRON SKILLET"

1 comment:

  1. if you're wondering who's visiting from clinton ok that would be your mother in law although i'm actually in elk city but oh well
    what time do you go to bed
    i'm tired just thinking about getting up at 3 am

    ReplyDelete