Thursday, June 11, 2009

FIRST POST FROM THE IRON SKILLET

hello,
well bear with me this is my first attempt at posting on the blog. Minus Nicole's help none the less.
So this week I've found myself laid off 4 of the 5 days, and all of next week. Between working on the boat, and watching kids I managed to muster up a typical Iron skillet meal for Monday night.


The first portion of the meal was to be salmon patties and shrimp cocktails

Followed by the main course of fresh trout from lake Samish. A couple Kokanee and a couple Cutthroat trout, marinated to perfection and placed in the rack for a proper cooking.


Have to have a picture of an Iron Skillet in action. Boy those Salmon Patties turned out great. I even ate one cold the next day (and i don't like anything cold that has to do with fish, they must have been good!)


Tuesday, found me finishing up the deck project. The lumber is now all in place, I'll wait to stain it when Nicole and the kids are off on there Vacation.


And, lastly a picture of a combo of both new and old product. I tried to reuse as much of the old deck as possible, Once stained there shouldn't be to much of a noticeable difference (at least i hope so).
So that's my first blog from the North....Where we eat well.....and build decks too!

2 comments:

  1. glad you finally joined the blogging world! Those salmon cakes were goood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great first post mark
    glad i finally got to see a pic of the finished deck
    it looks good

    ReplyDelete