Monday, January 18, 2010

Something Special

So Saturday found me with a little time on my hands. Nicole and her mom entertained kids, and it left me to a little tinkering out in the shop. As i was cleaning i came across an old Green Chest. I'd aquired this chest when Nicole's Grandpa George had passed. Everyone always loves to see what's in a chest, and to my plesant surprise this one was filled with old wood working tools! Since the the chest made it to my house i'd always had the intention of mounting some of the tools in a shadow box and hanging them in our house. As it turns out the tools were Nicole's Great Grandfathers.....so prettty old and pretty cool!
With the shop cleaned, it was the prefect time to finish part of this project (the other part of this project is to make 3 more of these for other family memebers) and add it too a wall in our house.

A picture with me before it was to be mounted on the wall
On the wall, and looking pretty good!
Those tools also go with these ones i aquired from my grandfather when i built the addition on our house.
I'm not sure if everyone would think these things are neat, specailly hanging up in our dining room, but i sure like the looks of them!
So, i'll keep this short and sweet today
Signing off from the North........Where tools are used......as art too.....which is nice
Mark......The Iron Skillet


1 comment: