Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fathers Day

Sunday was fathers day as most of us dad's experienced. I really hadn't expected much but, to my surprise i was in for quite a treat!

I awoke, made my morning coffee and hopped on the computer in the kitchen, all the while awaiting the pitter patter of little feet comming down the hallway, indicating the little ones were awake and looking for dad as they so often do during the weekend mornings. An experience i enjoy and treasure every time it happens.

It wasn't to long and i could here Kai's feet shuffleing along, and moving slower than usual. As he rounded the corner of the kitchen he was lugging a bag of presents nearly as big as himself. He said "Hi dada" dropped the bag and gave me a big hug around my leg. Was pretty cool to say the least. Isa wasn't to far behind and we lugged the presents back to the family room while mama and grandma gathered around. As i unwrapped gifts, this was treasure number 1. A picture of "Da Bub" with his oh so familiar smile!


Next came another picture. One Isa had made for me. A picture of Dad with fish and crabs! The title being "Daddy Get's some fish and some crabs" as only is could say in her sweatest of voices. Pretty cool, and it now resides on the kitchen wall!

Last but not last was a small box containing this CAMERA!
My very first, very own, digitial camera.
Don't get me wrong, i've had others, but they were always hand-me-downs, on their last legs, and never really worked right. The best part about this camera is it's submersible up to 10 meters or 2 hours, is shock proof, and dust proof.....my kind of Camera!
I look forward to trying some underwater fish pictures!
So, after the presents i was treated to a breakfast out, and a day of whatever i wanted to do! Pretty good day for old dad!
So, that's all for now...Signing off from the North.......Where Dad's live high on the hog for a day......and love their familys too......Thanks Isa, Kai, and Nicole!
Mark..."The Iron Skillet"


No comments:

Post a Comment